What Does Orthogenic Mean?
The term "orthogenic" refers to the use of corrective interventions that promote all aspects of healthy development. The O-School's mission is to give its students a second chance to succeed and grow in school and beyond. To ensure success, the O-School emphasizes the development of key life skills, including:
- Recognizing strengths and using them to achieve success
- Building strong and beneficial relationships that provide support "in the moment"
- Managing daily life experiences with flexibility and problem-solving skills to build adaptability
- Fostering a sense of mastery and confidence each day to promote self-esteem
- Setting and achieving short- and long-term goals
- Analyzing situations so that feelings and perceptions are taken into consideration when problem-solving
- Establishing an identity within small and large communities
- Navigating the world safely and productively