When it comes to your child, the professionals at the O-School respect your influence and your feelings. You are committed to your child’s health and welfare, and the O-School values your insight and knowledge. While your child attends the O-School, we encourage your involvement as we seek to partner with you in rebuilding a path to success. The O-School’s goal is to facilitate your child’s progress while strengthening your positive family dynamic.
My child graduates from this program as a changed and better person.
– O-School Parent
Parents and families stay connected in the following ways:
- Family therapy sessions occur on a biweekly basis
- Parents receive regular calls and reports from their child’s case manager, updating them on educational and therapeutic progress.
- Parents meet personally with their child’s academic and therapeutic teams, often together with their child, to collaborate on goals and plans.
- Parents and siblings are invited to attend all-school social events over the course of the academic year.
- Parent teacher conferences, open houses, and orientations are available throughout the year.
The O-School is dedicated to maintaining client confidentiality in accordance with the Illinois Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act. Please see the Accreditations and Affiliations page for more information.
- What is Milieu Therapy?
- What is the make-up of the O-School student population?
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio?
- How long do students typically stay at the O School?
- Do you offer medication management?
- How often will we participate in family therapy?
- What support is provided during the transition?