The O-School’s immersive milieu — treatment that includes all aspects of a student’s daily life — is the hallmark of its therapeutic approach. Working as an integrated team under the milieu philosophy, the O-School provides a truly unprecedented level of care on multiple levels.
There are six key components to the O-School’s milieu approach:
- Supportive and therapeutic relationships
- Continuous exploration of life events
- Daily routine and structure
- Emphasis on education and group learning
- Developing friendships and peer groups
- A supportive physical space
Together, these elements form a carefully constructed milieu that can bring lasting change to the lives of students, regardless of the challenges they face.